Monday, December 2, 2013

Meet Erin

So you all know The Ever Afters are five totally and unarguably foxy writers who pen witty and curl-your-toes romance books. But, who are we really?

I'm so glad you asked! Because over the next month we will get down to the nitty, gritty (and mildly embarrassing) details about what makes each of us tick.

This week it's my turn. And please, hold your applause until the end of the post.



1.      How did you get your start in writing?  It was 2005 and I had just left work to stay at home with my daughter (who’d been born in November, 2004). I had been an avid reader for about 2 or 3 years and started playing around with different characters and storylines. And it sort of evolved from there!

2     What’s your favorite genre to write and why? Contemporary romance has always been my favorite to read and, I find, the most fun to write.

3     Where do you write…kitchen table? Office? Work?  Sometimes from my couch and sometimes from the kitchen table.

4    Favorite character you’ve written to date and why. So far my favorite character is from my Trouble series, RJ Devlin (whose book has yet to be published). He’s wicked, doesn’t take himself too seriously, and knows how to drive his heroine absolutely crazy.

5   POV—pick your poison. First person, third person, dual POV? Always third.

6.      What’s your typical writing day look like? I get up around 6:15, get kids off to school. If I’m lucky I can get about 2 hours in front of my computer. Then I have to stop and run errands, pick kids up, go home, help with homework, shuttle kids to after school activities, then come home and cook dinner. After dinner its bath time, then bed. Usually after that, I turn in because I’m crossed eyed from exhaustion.

7    Any weird quirks while you write? You know, like do you do a handstand while typing with only your right hand when writing kissing scenes…? All I need is quiet, which I rarely get.


Lightning Round:

Red or White Wine: Neither. I don’t drink.
Black or Fixed Coffee: Fixed with lots of caramel!
Football or Basketball: How about baseball?
Rap or Jazz: Um….neither??
Candy or Chocolate: Chocolate…duh.
Pirate or Ninja: Pirate. So much sexier
Christmas or Easter: Christmas. Totally
TV or Netflix: TV
Apple or PC: PC. I can’t navigate an Apple to save my life
Thor or Captain America: Thor. Way hotter
Muscular or Nerdy: Is this a serious question? Muscular.
Tattoos or Clean skin: Clean. Ick


Do you have any piercings? Just in my ears.

If you could get one tattoo that would describe your writing what would it be and why? If I had to get a tattoo to represent my writing, it would probably be the infinity sign. Because I love the forever-in-love stories.

What’s your most embarrassing moment. Definitely the time when I rear-ended someone in the drive through of an In N Out Burger. Yes, I know. Not too bright.

If you were a superhero what would your power be? Would you wear a cape? I would love to be able to move objects with my mind. That way my house would clean itself.

Would you rather be trapped in a room with Tom Hardy for twenty four hours knowing that you’ll have to eventually kill him to leave, or be trapped in a room for twenty four hours, spending your last moments in his loving embrace—before he kills you. Well….I think I’d use my mysterious poison to kill Tom Hardy, and then write a kick a** romance about my twenty-four hours with him.

Would you rather be known as a bad kisser or a bad hugger? Definitely bad hugger. Bad kissing is so much more…just icky.

Would you rather be a guest on The Ellen show or The Today show? Ellen. She’s funnier. Plus I would have to get up way too early for the Today Show.

You have ten seconds to convince The Kardashians to adopt you. Ready. Set. Go. Um…… Oh, shoot look at that. My ten seconds are up. Looks like I have to go back to my completely mediocre and underwhelming life.

This is the time for you to be inspiring ;) What’s your advice to aspiring authors?  As corny as this sounds, never give up. Even after your hundredth rejection, keep writing. If I gave up after all the rejection I received, I wouldn’t be where I am right now.


 

4 comments:

  1. HA! I can't wait for you to see mine next week. We feel the same way about the Kardashians. And pirates. But a firm "no" on the tattoo thing? ALWAYS?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your idea for a writing tattoo! You should totally get that :) We have a similar writing schedule, working around kids and school. Looks like we all feel the same way about the Kardashians - ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to read RJ. I was already very intrigued by him in Looking for Trouble. And Jess I share your dismay with the tattoo's. But if I remember correctly a certain Noah McDermott had some body art...so maybe not a firm no...maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Noah did have some body art. So it's not always a firm no on the tattoos. I don't mind small ones, but I don't like huge tattoos that cover an entire arm or back. That's kind of icky

    ReplyDelete