Monday, February 3, 2014

What I'm Looking Forward To In The New Year

Music
Who? Eric Church
What? The Outsiders
When? 2.11.14
Why? I love this man. He's scruffy and southern and wonderful and his song "Springsteen" single handily inspired Unforgettable, the fourth book in the Country Road series. It also had a massive influence on forming the hero Nathanial Shepherd. I can't wait to see what other stories Mr. Church will inspire.



Who? Adele
What? 25
When? Sometime in 2014...but the first single is rumored to be released in March 2014.
Why? I love her. Plain and simple.

Movies 
What? Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Who? Chris Evans
When? 4.4.2014
Why? I think that was explained in the who. Chris Evans...have you seen him??? Have you??



What? Divergent
When? 3.21.2014
Who? Theo James is hot...just sayin'.
Why? Okay, I haven't read the books yet...I'm on the waiting list to get them on audio from the library. I know, I know not everyone likes listening to audio books, but I love them.  I haven't read that much YA since my Hunger Games binge, but I think this series is right up my alley. And I will listen to the books before I see the movie.

What? The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1
When? 11.21.2014
Who? Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, & Liam Hemsworth
Why? Because this series is one of my favorites. I've been happy with the movies so far in comparison to the books and I think that Catching Fire was a massive step up from The Hunger Games. Though I'm preparing myself now for how they're going to split this movie up...let me tell you how much I don't like cliff hangers...I don't like them. At least I already know how it ends, but that's only a little bit comforting.

Television
What? Downton Abbey 
When? 1.5.2014 (so it already started and I've had a couple weeks of heartache)
Who? I love almost all of the characters, which makes it that much more painful when they kill someone off.
Where? On the couch clutching a glass of wine to help me cope.
Why? My love for Downton cannot be explained with words. It's pleasure and pain. Apparently I have masochistic tendencies.

What? Game of Thrones
When? 4.6.2014
Who? JON SNOW!!!!! I also love Daenerys...and her awesome dragons.
Where? I'm sure there will be alcohol involved in the viewing of this show as well. So. Much. Angst.
Why? Okay, I'll admit to not having read this series...I think the books would probably be too much for me to take given how I react to the show. Nevertheless, I can't wait. It hurts so good.



Books
Who? Julie James
What? It Happened One Wedding
When? 5.6.2014
Why? Read a Julie James book and you will understand. This woman is in my top five favorite authors and her heroes are beyond swoon worthy.


Who? Jodi Ellen Malpas
What? This Man Trilogy
When? They are all out now...so she's new to me, not new to this year.
Why? I'd heard good things and was very intrigued by this series. I finished the first book last week and promptly bought the other two. Ava O'Shea is feisty and loves her wine (we're already kindred spirits) and Jesse Ward is hot and broody...and complicated as all hell.

1 comment:

  1. I am with you waiting for It Happened One Wedding (and how gorgeous is that cover!) The Hunger Games - ack! I haven't seen Catching Fire yet, I am soooo behind on movies... :)

    ReplyDelete